- ha: A tsakaninku, da bot tutar kada a yi wa wannan shafin. Wannan wiki yi amfani da daidaitacciya bot manufar, da yarda ɗumamar yanayi bots da bindiga mai yi na'am da wasu nauoi da bots. Sauran bots su dodana ƙasa, fatawan kuɓutattu daga boyi idan akwai wani ban ce a'a ba.
- en: Requests for the bot flag should be made on this page. This wiki uses the standard bot policy, and allows global bots and automatic approval of certain types of bots. Other bots should apply below, and then request access from a steward if there is no objection.
Hello All, after my second one-year administrator access expired, I am planning to request to be given administrator access rights again. My Hausa is still far from perfect but I am able to identify vandalism and you can of course check my admin logs: deletions, blocks and protections. For instance, over the coming months I am planning to delete step by step all the automated translations in this category. After that the Hausa Wikipedia will be more or less cleaned of automated translations and will only have legitimate content. Kindly type "Support" below if you support this. Thank you for your trust, na gode sosai, –DonCamillo (talk) 11:22, 30 Mayu 2019 (UTC)
- Support, - DonCamillo is one of the tireless editors in this wikipedia and was admin before on two occassions, Suppose to have been granted permanent admin role. The Living love (talk) 17:28, 30 Mayu 2019 (UTC)
- Support it is good to heve him as an admiministrator Anasskoko (talk) 11:25, 29 Satumba 2019 (UTC)
Wikidata Bridge: edit Wikidata’s data from Wikipedia infoboxes[Gyara masomin]
Sorry for writing this message in English - feel free to help us translating it :)
Many language versions of Wikipedia use the content of Wikidata, the centralized knowledge base, to fill out the content of infoboxes. The data is stored in Wikidata and displayed, partially or completely, in the Wikipedia’s language, on the articles.
This feature is used by many template editors, but brought several issues that were raised by communities in various places: not being able to edit the data directly from Wikipedia was one of them.
This is the reason why the Wikidata Bridge project started, with the goal of offering a way to Wikipedia editors to edit Wikidata’s data more easily. This will be achieved by an interface, connected to the infobox, that users can access directly from their local wiki.
The project is now at an early stage of development. A lot of user research has been done, and will continue to be done through the different phases of the project. The next steps of development will be achieved by the development team working at Wikimedia Deutschland, starting now until the end of 2019.
In order to make sure that we’re building a tool that is answering editors’ needs, we’re using agile methods in our development process. We don’t start with a fixed idea of the tool we want to deliver: we will build it together with the editors, based on feedback loops that we will regularly organize. The first version will not necessarily have all of the features you want, but it will keep evolving.
Here’s the planned timeline:
- From June to August, we will build the setup and technical groundwork.
- From September to November 2019, we will develop the first version of the feature and publish a test system so you can try it and give feedback.
- Later on, we will test the feature on a few projects, in collaboration with the communities.
- We will first focus on early adopters communities who already implemented a shortcut from their infoboxes to edit Wikidata (for example Russian, Catalan, Basque Wikipedias)
- but we also welcome also communities who volunteer to be part of the first test round.
- Then we will reach some of the big Wikipedias (French, German, English) in order to see if the project scales and to address their potentially different needs.
- Even later, we can consider enabling the feature on all the other projects.
In any case, no deployment or big change will be enforced on the projects without talking to the communities first, and helping the template builders to prepare for the changes they will have to do on the infoboxes’ code.
If you want to get involved, there are several ways to help:
More ideas will be added on this page along the way
If you have any questions for the development team, feel free to ask them on the main talk page. You can also ask under this message, but if you expect an answer from me, please make sure to ping me.
Thanks for your attention, Lea Lacroix (WMDE) 13:03, 24 ga Yuni, 2019 (UTC)
Editing News #1—July 2019[Gyara masomin]
Read this in another language • Subscription list for this multilingual newsletter
Did you know?
Did you know that you can use the visual editor on a mobile device?
Every article has a pencil icon at the top. Tap on the pencil icon to start editing.
This is what the new Edit Cards for editing links in the mobile visual editor look like. You can try the prototype here: 📲 Try Edit Cards.
Welcome back to the Editing newsletter.
Since the last newsletter, the team has released two new features for the mobile visual editor and has started developing three more. All of this work is part of the team's goal to make editing on mobile web simpler.
Before talking about the team's recent releases, we have a question for you:
Are you willing to try a new way to add and change links?
If you are interested, we would value your input! You can try this new link tool in the mobile visual editor on a separate wiki.
Follow these instructions and share your experience:
📲 Try Edit Cards.
The mobile visual editor is a simpler editing tool, for smartphones and tablets using the mobile site. The Editing team recently launched two new features to improve the mobile visual editor:
- Section editing
- The purpose is to help contributors focus on their edits.
- The team studied this with an A/B test. This test showed that contributors who could use section editing were 1% more likely to publish the edits they started than people with only full-page editing.
- Loading overlay
- The purpose is to smooth the transition between reading and editing.
Section editing and the new loading overlay are now available to everyone using the mobile visual editor.
This is a list of our most active projects. Watch these pages to learn about project updates and to share your input on new designs, prototypes and research findings.
- Edit cards: This is a clearer way to add and edit links, citations, images, templates, etc. in articles. You can try this feature now. Go here to see how: 📲 Try Edit Cards.
- Mobile toolbar refresh: This project will learn if contributors are more successful when the editing tools are easier to recognize.
- Mobile visual editor availability: This A/B test asks: Are newer contributors more successful if they use the mobile visual editor? We are collaborating with 20 Wikipedias to answer this question.
- Usability improvements: This project will make the mobile visual editor easier to use. The goal is to let contributors stay focused on editing and to feel more confident in the editing tools.
- Wikimania: Several members of the Editing Team will be attending Wikimania in August 2019. They will lead a session about mobile editing in the Community Growth space. Talk to the team about how editing can be improved.
- Talk Pages: In the coming months, the Editing Team will begin improving talk pages and communication on the wikis.
The VisualEditor on mobile is a good place to learn more about the projects we are working on. The team wants to talk with you about anything related to editing. If you have something to say or ask, please leave a message at Talk:VisualEditor on mobile.
PPelberg (WMF) (talk) & Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk)
18:32, 23 ga Yuli, 2019 (UTC)
Update on the consultation about office actions[Gyara masomin]
Last month, the Wikimedia Foundation's Trust & Safety team announced a future consultation about partial and/or temporary office actions. We want to let you know that the draft version of this consultation has now been posted on Meta.
This is a draft. It is not intended to be the consultation itself, which will be posted on Meta likely in early September. Please do not treat this draft as a consultation. Instead, we ask your assistance in forming the final language for the consultation.
For that end, we would like your input over the next couple of weeks about what questions the consultation should ask about partial and temporary Foundation office action bans and how it should be formatted. Please post it on the draft talk page. Our goal is to provide space for the community to discuss all the aspects of these office actions that need to be discussed, and we want to ensure with your feedback that the consultation is presented in the best way to encourage frank and constructive conversation.
Please visit the consultation draft on Meta-wiki and leave your comments on the draft’s talk page about what the consultation should look like and what questions it should ask.
Thank you for your input! -- The Trust & Safety team 08:03, 16 ga Augusta, 2019 (UTC)
The Wikimedia Foundation wants to work on two things that affect how we patrol changes and handle vandalism and harassment. We want to make the tools that are used to handle bad edits better. We also want to get better privacy for unregistered users so their IP addresses are no longer shown to everyone in the world. We would not hide IP addresses until we have better tools for patrolling.
We have an idea of what tools could be working better and how a more limited access to IP addresses would change things, but we need to hear from more wikis. You can read more about the project on Meta and post comments and feedback. Now is when we need to hear from you to be able to give you better tools to handle vandalism, spam and harassment.
You can post in your language if you can't write in English.
14:18, 21 ga Augusta, 2019 (UTC)
Hello Fellows, I would like to inform you that I'm requesting Administrator right access again after the expiration of my first Temporary access, in order to keep what I have been doing to improve the project. Seeing that we still don't have local permanent Admins yet.
- - - -
Barkan mu da ƙoƙari, biyo bayan ƙarewar wa'adi na na Temporary Admin, ina mai sanar daku cewa inason a ƙara bani dama cigaba da samun ikon Admin karo na biyu, kasantuwar bamu da wani Admin daga cikin mu, ko a gaba nin yanzu dama ni kadai ne, kuma yakasance da bukatan mu sami Admins ne daga cikin mu ne. Idan ka goyi baya zaku iya Support a ƙasa ta hanyar rubutu kamar haka → '''Support'''~~~~ Nagode.The Living love (talk) 02:23, 16 Satumba 2019 (UTC)
- Please sign your support here.
- Zaku iya rubuta goyon bayan Ku anan.
- Nagode sosai da goyon bayan Ku, an sake bani iko na shekara daya. Thank you so much for all your supports, I have been granted the right for another one year.The Living love (talk) 13
- 42, 26 Satumba 2019 (UTC)
Assalamu Alaikum, ina mai farin cikin sanar daku cewa a kullun ina mai kokaren hada kofofi da kuma makuloli a hausa wikipedia, amman kasan cewa ta wanda bai dade ba da farawa ina aika ta korakurai da matsaloli, hakan yana faruwa ne a dalilin kasancewa na sabo da kuma rashin gane wasu abubuwan, amman a kullun ina kara fahimtar kan yanda ake abubuwa, saboda haka ne nake rokon ku Dan Allah in kunga wani kuskure nawa to ku sanar dani, ko ku gyara min, domin inason a min gyara saboda hakan ne zai sa in iya sosai da sosai. Ina bukatar ku naagode. daga naku Anasskoko (talk) 11:21, 20 Satumba 2019 (UTC)
- Maraba kuma barka da ƙoƙari sosai, kamar na fahimci kana amfani da translation tool domin fassara muƙala daga turanci zuwa Hausa, wannan abune mai kyau, amma sai dai har yanzu akwai matsaloli da tool ɗin, na rashin fassara yadda yakamata, da zaka riƙa yin proofreading bayan kayi fassaran don gyara wasu kurakurai, domin wasu fassarar da tool ɗin keyi ba'a ganewa. Dafatan zaka duba ka gani. NagodeThe Living love (talk) 13:53, 26 Satumba 2019 (UTC)
Ina kokarin haka, amman zan kara maida hankali sosai Nagode Anasskoko (talk) 10:26, 30 Satumba 2019 (UTC)
The consultation on partial and temporary Foundation bans just started[Gyara masomin]
In a recent statement, the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees requested that staff hold a consultation to "re-evaluat[e] or add community input to the two new office action policy tools (temporary and partial Foundation bans)".
Accordingly, the Foundation's Trust & Safety team invites all Wikimedians to join this consultation and give their feedback from 30 September to 30 October.
How can you help?
- Suggest how partial and temporary Foundation bans should be used, if they should (eg: On all projects, or only on a subset);
- Give ideas about how partial and temporary Foundation bans should ideally implemented, if they should be; and/or
- Propose changes to the existing Office Actions policy on partial and temporary bans.
We offer our thanks in advance for your contributions, and we hope to get as much input as possible from community members during this consultation!
-- Kbrown (WMF) 17:14, 30 Satumba 2019 (UTC)