Thanks for the reply don camillo and I will look into it.
- 1 Interface messages
- 2 Greetings
- 3 Idea
- 4 Thanks
- 5 Admin
- 6 Translation of three sentences
- 7 Facebook
- 8 Ina bukatar tallafin ka Mr. DonCamillo
- 9 New email
- 10 Help me with edit
- 11 Sysop
- 12 Zuwaga Admins
- 13 Ghanaian Hausa dialect
- 14 Draftbox
- 15 New email
- 16 Souci de glossaire
- 17 Dalilin goge THSM Forum
- 18 Hausa Wikimedians User Group
- 19 outreach in nothern nigeria
Interface messages[Gyara masomin]
Hi DonCamilo. If you're fluent in Hausa maybe you'd like to, at least, translate the most used MediaWiki messages into that language. Interface translations are done on translatewiki.net so that they're also avalaible for every other MediaWiki installations. If you can't, don't worry. Best regards, --MarcoAurelio (talk) 09:32, 29 Yuni 2017 (UTC)
- Hi Marco. I speak only survival Hausa but I can work with a friend of mine who is a native speaker in order to translate this messages during the next weeks. Best regards, --DonCamillo (talk) 11:11, 29 Yuni 2017 (UTC)
Hi DonCamillo. How are you doing? I ask for your help in this project, because my knowledge in hausa is very basic and I depends heavily on dictionaries and virtual translators. Thank you.--Sergio Junior Guitarist (talk) 16:39, 25 Yuli 2017 (UTC)
- Good, thank you. Actually my knowledge in Hausa is very basic as well, I study Hausa but I rely mostly on books and online translation. I'm trying to increase participation from Hausa speakers in Nigeria but it's still a long way. However I think creating stubs on topics of general interest can help to get more people to contribute: thanks a lot for what you're doing! Kind regards, --DonCamillo (talk) 16:43, 25 Yuli 2017 (UTC)
Hello DonCamilo, these examples will be very useful for creating new stubs, correcting already existing articles and filling in blank articles that are abandoned. Thank you for your efforts. --Sergio Junior Guitarist (talk) 00:37, 7 Agusta 2017 (UTC)
- Wow!! this is one of the best ideas I've seen in the whole project this year, since it makes it much easier to add text. I edit here once a week, and I'll use it to add or create something. Thank you for writing me. Best, DARIO SEVERI (talk) 02:11, 7 Agusta 2017 (UTC)
Hello Camilo, lately I noticed that you have made many corrections in the categories and have improved the quality of this project, and also saw that you added more examples on this page facilitating future editions. Thanks!--Sergio Junior Guitarist (talk) 02:53, 16 Agusta 2017 (UTC).
- Hello Sergio,
- Thanks, yes, I'm trying to improve the system of categories relying on what already exists in other Wikipedias! You're very welcome! Congrats on your work! --DonCamillo (talk) 08:54, 16 Agusta 2017 (UTC)
Hello, could you change my boxes so that I am administrator of this place also please ?? Soory for my English!
- Sorry, I cannot do that, this kind of request has to be made to the whole community. Are you planning to edit articles on the Hausa Wikipedia? You don't need to be an admin to do that. Best regards, --DonCamillo (talk) 12:36, 17 Satumba 2017 (UTC)
- Barka da zuwa,
- Yi haƙuri, ba zan iya yin hakan ba, wannan tambaya ce da zaka yita ga ma'abota shafin wikipedia hausa gaba daya, Kana shirin gyara labarun Wikipedia? Ba bukatar ka Dole sai ka zamo administrator kafin yin gyara, idan kana son gyara labari. sai anjima, --DonCamillo (talk) 12:36, 17 Satumba 2017 (UTC)
Translation of three sentences[Gyara masomin]
We are working on an offline distribution system for Wikipedia in Nigeria. Am needing help with the translation of the three sentences here. Wondering if you can help. Thanks Doc James (talk) 11:48, 8 Faburairu 2018 (UTC)
Ina bukatar tallafin ka Mr. DonCamillo[Gyara masomin]
Barka dai Malam DonCamillo, gaskiya naji dadin ganin bayaninka inda kake cewa Kai ba faranshe ne kuma kana son taimakawa a bangaren Wikipedia Hausa.
To nima ina bukatar tallafinka musamman ma ta bangaren yadda ake loda hoto wato Uploading. Sau tari idan nayi sai kuma a goge shi. Wai ya zanyi ne a daina goge min? Kataimaka min domin inason taimakawa bangaren wikipedia Hausa.
New email[Gyara masomin]
- Hi, DonCamillo, just like to ask whether you received my message. Thanks. –Ammarpad (talk) 06:47, 27 Maris 2018 (UTC)
- I have sent new email. In case you saw this first. Thanks –Ammarpad (talk) 19:37, 9 Afirilu 2018 (UTC)
Help me with edit[Gyara masomin]
Good Day, I am trying to translate NneNne Iwuji - Eme. Kindly help me work on the references. It is still showing in red. Thanks
- I think this happening because you are trying to use templates that do no exist yet on Wikipedia in Hausa.
- For now (unless you have the skill to create templates: in this case, please go forward!), I think it is better not to use templates like cite web or cite news, just mention the reference in plain text between "ref" tags.
- Na gode sosai, --DonCamillo (talk) 19:34, 31 Maris 2018 (UTC)
I posted at Meta-Wiki to request sysop access so as to assist in some cleanup. I learnt you have not re-requested since April. I also posted Wikipedia:Kofan al'umma#Neman Administrator since it is necessary. Thanks. –Ammarpad (talk) 09:09, 7 Mayu 2018 (UTC)
Zuwaga Admins[Gyara masomin]
I'm Hausa by tribe, and I can speak English. Ina so neman wannnan shafin mai albarka da ya bani damar zama daya daga cikin Admins domin ina da sha'awar taimakawa sosai wajen fassara maƙalolin turanci zuwa hausa. Duba da irin gudunmuwar da na bayar sosai a wannan ɓangare na Wikipedia Hausa ne nake fatan zan samu abinda nake nema wato Admin. Nagode Abubakar A Gwanki
- User:Abubakar A Gwanki Ka duba amsar dana baka a shafina. Ina sone muyi magana domin nace ma akwai shirye-shiryen da mukeyi na bunkasa wannan Wikipedia–Ammarpad (talk) 21:32, 11 Mayu 2018 (UTC)
Ghanaian Hausa dialect[Gyara masomin]
I'm User:Masssly from Ghana and a one time contributor to Hausa Wikipedia. There aren't many experienced contributors as of yet on the wiki. We speak a slightly different dialect in Ghana but I'm sure we can work together to revive or build a community of Ha contributors, starting with the building an attractive landing page. —M@sssly✉ 12:36, 23 Mayu 2018 (UTC)
- Welcome! There are not a lot of articles on Ghana here so you're very welcome if you want to create some! We are 5 to 10 contributors here on a regular basis and this project will start soon in order to do outreach in Northern Nigeria towards Hausa speakers. Kind regards, --DonCamillo (talk) 13:30, 23 Mayu 2018 (UTC)
- Dear Muhammad,
- Sorry, my Hausa is not strong enough to translate most of the words and that's why I asked for help on the community page!
- In some cases it is possible that the translation in Hausa does not exist now: in this case we will have to create new words or use words that have a slightly different meaning.
- Thank you, –DonCamillo (talk) 06:38, 18 Yuni 2018 (UTC)
- There are two ways:
- Either you add the translations directly to the page here: Wikipedia:Databox (and I will add the translations on Wikidata)
- Or you translate directly on Wikidata: here (it is quite easy: you just have to open the Wikidata website, go to "Preferences" then "Beta features", then click on "Enable all new beta features"; after that, you juste have to open the item you want to translate, click on "Labels list", then "Edit", then type "ha" - the Hausa language code - then add the Hausa translation).
- As you can see on Abubakar Shekau, when almost all the properties are translated in Hausa, you just have to add the databox template and in gives a nice box with a lot of information.
- Thanks for your help, –DonCamillo (talk) 12:29, 19 ga Yuni, 2018 (UTC)
New email[Gyara masomin]
- Hi DonCamillo,
- After your response to this email I responded again on June 24. I am afraid whether it reaches you. Thanks. –Ammarpad (talk) 15:13, 27 ga Yuni, 2018 (UTC)
Souci de glossaire[Gyara masomin]
Bonjour ! Tu as corrigé a Girka sur deux articles. J'avais copié-collé l'information, pour le premier cas dans l'article de l'Autriche, pour le deuxième dans le glossaire : il faudrait au moins corriger dans le glossaire si la question se pose :)
- Pas de souci, les deux sont utilisés, au quotidien à l'écrit les locuteurs haoussaphones n'utilisent pas les diacritiques et ne pas les utiliser ne pose donc aucun problème. Néanmoins, j'essaie de les ajouter quand j'y pense en repassant sur un article (et je vais corriger dans le glossaire) ! Merci pour ton aide ! –DonCamillo (talk) 14:51, 23 ga Yuni, 2018 (UTC)
Dalilin goge THSM Forum[Gyara masomin]
Akwai makaloli masu yawa kuma marasa amfanu wadanda ya kamata ace an goge su, amma kuma sai admins suka bar su. Ina son taimakawa a wannan shafin amma kuma admins suna karya mini gwiwa da suke goge shafika masu muhimmanci da nake kirkira. Gaskiya bana jin dadi. Abubakar A Gwanki (talk) 21:02, 12 ga Yuli, 2018 (UTC)
- Sannu Abubakar,
- Nagode sosai don taimakonka.
- Wikipedia insakulofidiya ce: saboda wannan dalili, ba za mu iya karɓa ba tallace-tallace: makalun THSF Forum tallace-tallace ne, dole mu goge wannan makalu. Za ka iya rubuta mukaloli game da wani abu, amma ba za ka iya rubuta tallace-tallace. Idan ka gani makalolin tallace-tallace, gaya mani, zan goge su.
- Nagode sosai, –DonCamillo (talk) 09:13, 13 ga Yuli, 2018 (UTC)
Hausa Wikimedians User Group[Gyara masomin]
Hello! DonCamillo I would like to let you know that I have started our Hausa editors community user group Hausa Wikimedians User Group in order to have a connected and collaborative working environment, that would serve as a primary place for co-ordinating of activities that would support us all in our editing and other related endeavors to improve and make quality contents of the Wikimedia projects. Please don't hesitate to add yourself.
- Hi The Living love,
- Thanks for your message and for your initiative, I will certainly add myself.
- Have a great day, –DonCamillo (talk) 05:30, 14 ga Janairu, 2019 (UTC)
Hello DonCamillo, regarding the Hausa User group I've started, I want to apply for recognition of the group with the Wikimedia foundation (WMF), and for eligibility, 3 contact persons and their email are required by the WMF, that's why I'm requesting you to provide your email because the WMF will use them to contact members of the UG in future. And the name of the user group "Hausa Wikimedians User Group" is slightly not in accordance with the naming policy, by that I suggest "Wikimedia Community Of Northern Nigeria UG" since it's inline, then you or Ammarpad should pls help and move the old page Hausa Wikimedians User Group to the new one.
- Hi The Living Love,
- That's alright, I will proceed as suggested. I don't think the name of the group is a problem, there is already an Igbo Wikimedians User Group, for instance. As long as it's obvious for everyone that it is language-based and not ethnicity-based, that should be alright. I will add my name and I agree that it is essential to include Ammarpad since he has been the one organizing a conference in Kano in late December that mobilized a lot of people. Thanks a lot, –DonCamillo (talk) 08:02, 5 ga Faburairu, 2019 (UTC)
Thank you so much DonCamillo, Your support keeps me here. I still don't have you email.
- I have sent you an email, hope you received it. Otherwise you can contact me through the "email this user" feature. Thanks! –DonCamillo (talk) 07:59, 6 ga Faburairu, 2019 (UTC)
outreach in nothern nigeria[Gyara masomin]
- Hello Muhammad,
- The workship in Kano already took place (there was information on Facebook, Twitter and here, very sorry if you could not see it), but there will be other activities in the future. If you can give me your Whatsapp phone number, I can add you to a group so that you do not miss any information.
- Thanks a lot, –DonCamillo (talk) 11:20, 15 ga Janairu, 2019 (UTC)
- Alright, thank you. In the meanwhile you can subscribe to email@example.com in order to be informed of what happens in Nigeria regarding Wikimedia projects. Thank you! –DonCamillo (talk) 10:54, 17 ga Janairu, 2019 (UTC)
- I have tried contacting @Engr Muhammad Khamis: via several means, but every effort proved abortive. I tried searching him personally via social media but couldn't get him and I asked @The Living love: whether he knows him personally but he said he didn't. Also you don't have email enabled on your wikipedia account, that's why we couldn't invite you. But now please email me at Special:EmailUser/Ammarpad and include your phone number please. –Ammarpad (talk) 13:06, 7 ga Faburairu, 2019 (UTC)