- ha: A tsakaninku, da bot tutar kada a yi wa wannan shafin. Wannan wiki yi amfani da daidaitacciya bot manufar, da yarda ɗumamar yanayi bots da bindiga mai yi na'am da wasu nauoi da bots. Sauran bots su dodana ƙasa, fatawan kuɓutattu daga boyi idan akwai wani ban ce a'a ba.
- en: Requests for the bot flag should be made on this page. This wiki uses the standard bot policy, and allows global bots and automatic approval of certain types of bots. Other bots should apply below, and then request access from a steward if there is no objection.
Hello All, after my second one-year administrator access expired, I am planning to request to be given administrator access rights again. My Hausa is still far from perfect but I am able to identify vandalism and you can of course check my admin logs: deletions, blocks and protections. For instance, over the coming months I am planning to delete step by step all the automated translations in this category. After that the Hausa Wikipedia will be more or less cleaned of automated translations and will only have legitimate content. Kindly type "Support" below if you support this. Thank you for your trust, na gode sosai, –DonCamillo (talk) 11:22, 30 Mayu 2019 (UTC)
- Support, - DonCamillo is one of the tireless editors in this wikipedia and was admin before on two occassions, Suppose to have been granted permanent admin role. The Living love (talk) 17:28, 30 Mayu 2019 (UTC)
- Support it is good to heve him as an admiministrator Anasskoko (talk) 11:25, 29 Satumba 2019 (UTC)
Wikidata Bridge: edit Wikidata’s data from Wikipedia infoboxes[Gyara masomin]
Sorry for writing this message in English - feel free to help us translating it :)
Many language versions of Wikipedia use the content of Wikidata, the centralized knowledge base, to fill out the content of infoboxes. The data is stored in Wikidata and displayed, partially or completely, in the Wikipedia’s language, on the articles.
This feature is used by many template editors, but brought several issues that were raised by communities in various places: not being able to edit the data directly from Wikipedia was one of them.
This is the reason why the Wikidata Bridge project started, with the goal of offering a way to Wikipedia editors to edit Wikidata’s data more easily. This will be achieved by an interface, connected to the infobox, that users can access directly from their local wiki.
The project is now at an early stage of development. A lot of user research has been done, and will continue to be done through the different phases of the project. The next steps of development will be achieved by the development team working at Wikimedia Deutschland, starting now until the end of 2019.
In order to make sure that we’re building a tool that is answering editors’ needs, we’re using agile methods in our development process. We don’t start with a fixed idea of the tool we want to deliver: we will build it together with the editors, based on feedback loops that we will regularly organize. The first version will not necessarily have all of the features you want, but it will keep evolving.
Here’s the planned timeline:
- From June to August, we will build the setup and technical groundwork.
- From September to November 2019, we will develop the first version of the feature and publish a test system so you can try it and give feedback.
- Later on, we will test the feature on a few projects, in collaboration with the communities.
- We will first focus on early adopters communities who already implemented a shortcut from their infoboxes to edit Wikidata (for example Russian, Catalan, Basque Wikipedias)
- but we also welcome also communities who volunteer to be part of the first test round.
- Then we will reach some of the big Wikipedias (French, German, English) in order to see if the project scales and to address their potentially different needs.
- Even later, we can consider enabling the feature on all the other projects.
In any case, no deployment or big change will be enforced on the projects without talking to the communities first, and helping the template builders to prepare for the changes they will have to do on the infoboxes’ code.
If you want to get involved, there are several ways to help:
More ideas will be added on this page along the way
If you have any questions for the development team, feel free to ask them on the main talk page. You can also ask under this message, but if you expect an answer from me, please make sure to ping me.
Thanks for your attention, Lea Lacroix (WMDE) 13:03, 24 ga Yuni, 2019 (UTC)
Editing News #1—July 2019[Gyara masomin]
Read this in another language • Subscription list for this multilingual newsletter
Did you know?
Did you know that you can use the visual editor on a mobile device?
Every article has a pencil icon at the top. Tap on the pencil icon to start editing.
This is what the new Edit Cards for editing links in the mobile visual editor look like. You can try the prototype here: 📲 Try Edit Cards.
Welcome back to the Editing newsletter.
Since the last newsletter, the team has released two new features for the mobile visual editor and has started developing three more. All of this work is part of the team's goal to make editing on mobile web simpler.
Before talking about the team's recent releases, we have a question for you:
Are you willing to try a new way to add and change links?
If you are interested, we would value your input! You can try this new link tool in the mobile visual editor on a separate wiki.
Follow these instructions and share your experience:
📲 Try Edit Cards.
The mobile visual editor is a simpler editing tool, for smartphones and tablets using the mobile site. The Editing team recently launched two new features to improve the mobile visual editor:
- Section editing
- The purpose is to help contributors focus on their edits.
- The team studied this with an A/B test. This test showed that contributors who could use section editing were 1% more likely to publish the edits they started than people with only full-page editing.
- Loading overlay
- The purpose is to smooth the transition between reading and editing.
Section editing and the new loading overlay are now available to everyone using the mobile visual editor.
This is a list of our most active projects. Watch these pages to learn about project updates and to share your input on new designs, prototypes and research findings.
- Edit cards: This is a clearer way to add and edit links, citations, images, templates, etc. in articles. You can try this feature now. Go here to see how: 📲 Try Edit Cards.
- Mobile toolbar refresh: This project will learn if contributors are more successful when the editing tools are easier to recognize.
- Mobile visual editor availability: This A/B test asks: Are newer contributors more successful if they use the mobile visual editor? We are collaborating with 20 Wikipedias to answer this question.
- Usability improvements: This project will make the mobile visual editor easier to use. The goal is to let contributors stay focused on editing and to feel more confident in the editing tools.
- Wikimania: Several members of the Editing Team will be attending Wikimania in August 2019. They will lead a session about mobile editing in the Community Growth space. Talk to the team about how editing can be improved.
- Talk Pages: In the coming months, the Editing Team will begin improving talk pages and communication on the wikis.
The VisualEditor on mobile is a good place to learn more about the projects we are working on. The team wants to talk with you about anything related to editing. If you have something to say or ask, please leave a message at Talk:VisualEditor on mobile.
PPelberg (WMF) (talk) & Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk)
18:32, 23 ga Yuli, 2019 (UTC)
Update on the consultation about office actions[Gyara masomin]
Last month, the Wikimedia Foundation's Trust & Safety team announced a future consultation about partial and/or temporary office actions. We want to let you know that the draft version of this consultation has now been posted on Meta.
This is a draft. It is not intended to be the consultation itself, which will be posted on Meta likely in early September. Please do not treat this draft as a consultation. Instead, we ask your assistance in forming the final language for the consultation.
For that end, we would like your input over the next couple of weeks about what questions the consultation should ask about partial and temporary Foundation office action bans and how it should be formatted. Please post it on the draft talk page. Our goal is to provide space for the community to discuss all the aspects of these office actions that need to be discussed, and we want to ensure with your feedback that the consultation is presented in the best way to encourage frank and constructive conversation.
Please visit the consultation draft on Meta-wiki and leave your comments on the draft’s talk page about what the consultation should look like and what questions it should ask.
Thank you for your input! -- The Trust & Safety team 08:03, 16 ga Augusta, 2019 (UTC)
The Wikimedia Foundation wants to work on two things that affect how we patrol changes and handle vandalism and harassment. We want to make the tools that are used to handle bad edits better. We also want to get better privacy for unregistered users so their IP addresses are no longer shown to everyone in the world. We would not hide IP addresses until we have better tools for patrolling.
We have an idea of what tools could be working better and how a more limited access to IP addresses would change things, but we need to hear from more wikis. You can read more about the project on Meta and post comments and feedback. Now is when we need to hear from you to be able to give you better tools to handle vandalism, spam and harassment.
You can post in your language if you can't write in English.
14:18, 21 ga Augusta, 2019 (UTC)
Hello Fellows, I would like to inform you that I'm requesting Administrator right access again after the expiration of my first Temporary access, in order to keep what I have been doing to improve the project. Seeing that we still don't have local permanent Admins yet.
- - - -
Barkan mu da ƙoƙari, biyo bayan ƙarewar wa'adi na na Temporary Admin, ina mai sanar daku cewa inason a ƙara bani dama cigaba da samun ikon Admin karo na biyu, kasantuwar bamu da wani Admin daga cikin mu, ko a gaba nin yanzu dama ni kadai ne, kuma yakasance da bukatan mu sami Admins ne daga cikin mu ne. Idan ka goyi baya zaku iya Support a ƙasa ta hanyar rubutu kamar haka → '''Support'''~~~~ Nagode.The Living love (talk) 02:23, 16 Satumba 2019 (UTC)
- Please sign your support here.
- Zaku iya rubuta goyon bayan Ku anan.
- Nagode sosai da goyon bayan Ku, an sake bani iko na shekara daya. Thank you so much for all your supports, I have been granted the right for another one year.The Living love (talk) 13
- 42, 26 Satumba 2019 (UTC)
Assalamu Alaikum, ina mai farin cikin sanar daku cewa a kullun ina mai kokaren hada kofofi da kuma makuloli a hausa wikipedia, amman kasan cewa ta wanda bai dade ba da farawa ina aika ta korakurai da matsaloli, hakan yana faruwa ne a dalilin kasancewa na sabo da kuma rashin gane wasu abubuwan, amman a kullun ina kara fahimtar kan yanda ake abubuwa, saboda haka ne nake rokon ku Dan Allah in kunga wani kuskure nawa to ku sanar dani, ko ku gyara min, domin inason a min gyara saboda hakan ne zai sa in iya sosai da sosai. Ina bukatar ku naagode. daga naku Anasskoko (talk) 11:21, 20 Satumba 2019 (UTC)
- Maraba kuma barka da ƙoƙari sosai, kamar na fahimci kana amfani da translation tool domin fassara muƙala daga turanci zuwa Hausa, wannan abune mai kyau, amma sai dai har yanzu akwai matsaloli da tool ɗin, na rashin fassara yadda yakamata, da zaka riƙa yin proofreading bayan kayi fassaran don gyara wasu kurakurai, domin wasu fassarar da tool ɗin keyi ba'a ganewa. Dafatan zaka duba ka gani. NagodeThe Living love (talk) 13:53, 26 Satumba 2019 (UTC)
Ina kokarin haka, amman zan kara maida hankali sosai Nagode Anasskoko (talk) 10:26, 30 Satumba 2019 (UTC)
The consultation on partial and temporary Foundation bans just started[Gyara masomin]
In a recent statement, the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees requested that staff hold a consultation to "re-evaluat[e] or add community input to the two new office action policy tools (temporary and partial Foundation bans)".
Accordingly, the Foundation's Trust & Safety team invites all Wikimedians to join this consultation and give their feedback from 30 September to 30 October.
How can you help?
- Suggest how partial and temporary Foundation bans should be used, if they should (eg: On all projects, or only on a subset);
- Give ideas about how partial and temporary Foundation bans should ideally implemented, if they should be; and/or
- Propose changes to the existing Office Actions policy on partial and temporary bans.
We offer our thanks in advance for your contributions, and we hope to get as much input as possible from community members during this consultation!
-- Kbrown (WMF) 17:14, 30 Satumba 2019 (UTC)
Feedback wanted on Desktop Improvements project[Gyara masomin]
Kuyi ƙoƙarin fassara wannan saƙo zuwa Hausa
Hello. The Readers Web team at the WMF will work on some improvements to the desktop interface over the next couple of years. The goal is to increase usability without removing any functionality. We have been inspired by changes made by volunteers, but that currently only exist as local gadgets and user scripts, prototypes, and volunteer-led skins. We would like to begin the process of bringing some of these changes into the default experience on all Wikimedia projects.
We are currently in the research stage of this project and are looking for ideas for improvements, as well as feedback on our current ideas and mockups. So far, we have performed interviews with community members at Wikimania. We have gathered lists of previous volunteer and WMF work in this area. We are examining possible technical approaches for such changes.
We would like individual feedback on the following:
- Identifying focus areas for the project we have not yet discovered
- Expanding the list of existing gadgets and user scripts that are related to providing a better desktop experience. If you can think of some of these from your wiki, please let us know
- Feedback on the ideas and mockups we have collected so far
We would also like to gather a list of wikis that would be interested in being test wikis for this project - these wikis would be the first to receive the updates once we’re ready to start building.
When giving feedback, please consider the following goals of the project:
- Make it easier for readers to focus on the content
- Provide easier access to everyday actions (e.g. search, language switching, editing)
- Put things in logical and useful places
- Increase consistency in the interface with other platforms - mobile web and the apps
- Eliminate clutter
- Plan for future growth
As well as the following constraints:
- Not touching the content - no work will be done in terms of styling templates or to the structure of page contents themselves
- Not removing any functionality - things might move around, but all navigational items and other functionality currently available by default will remain
- No drastic changes to the layout - we're taking an evolutionary approach to the changes and want the site to continue feeling familiar to readers and editors
Please give all feedback (in any language) at mw:Talk:Reading/Web/Desktop Improvements
After this round of feedback, we plan on building a prototype of suggested changes based on the feedback we receive. You’ll hear from us again asking for feedback on this prototype.
Thank you! Quiddity (WMF) (talk)
07:18, 16 Oktoba 2019 (UTC)
Beta feature "Reference Previews"[Gyara masomin]
A new beta feature will soon be deployed to your wiki: Reference Previews. As you might guess from the name, this feature gives you a preview of references in the article text. That means, you can look up a reference without jumping down to the bottom of the page.
Reference Previews have already been a beta feature on German and Arabic Wikipedia since April. Now they will become available on more wikis. Deployment is planned for October 24. More information can be found on the project page.
As always, feedback is highly appreciated. If you want to test Reference Previews, please activate the beta feature in your user preferences and let us know what you think. The best place for feedback is the central talk page. We hope the feature will serve you well in your work. Thank you from Wikimedia Deutschland's Technical Wishes project.
-- Johanna Strodt (WMDE) 09:47, 23 Oktoba 2019 (UTC)
Editing News #2 – Mobile editing and talk pages[Gyara masomin]
Read this in another language • Subscription list for this multilingual newsletter
Inside this newsletter, the Editing team talks about their work on the mobile visual editor, on the new talk pages project, and at Wikimania 2019.
What talk page interactions do you remember? Is it a story about how someone helped you to learn something new? Is it a story about how someone helped you get involved in a group? Something else? Whatever your story is, we want to hear it!
Please tell us a story about how you used a talk page. Please share a link to a memorable discussion, or describe it on the talk page for this project. The team wants your examples. These examples will help everyone develop a shared understanding of what this project should support and encourage.
The Talk Pages Consultation was a global consultation to define better tools for wiki communication. From February through June 2019, more than 500 volunteers on 20 wikis, across 15 languages and multiple projects, came together with members of the Foundation to create a product direction for a set of discussion tools. The Phase 2 Report of the Talk Page Consultation was published in August. It summarizes the product direction the team has started to work on, which you can read more about here: Talk Page Project project page.
The team needs and wants your help at this early stage. They are starting to develop the first idea. Please add your name to the "Getting involved" section of the project page, if you would like to hear about opportunities to participate.
The Editing team is trying to make it simpler to edit on mobile devices. The team is changing the visual editor on mobile. If you have something to say about editing on a mobile device, please leave a message at Talk:VisualEditor on mobile.
What happens when you click on a link. The new Edit Card is bigger and has more options for editing links.
- In September, the Editing team updated the mobile visual editor's editing toolbar. Anyone could see these changes in the mobile visual editor.
- One toolbar: All of the editing tools are located in one toolbar. Previously, the toolbar changed when you clicked on different things.
- New navigation: The buttons for moving forward and backward in the edit flow have changed.
- Seamless switching: an improved workflow for switching between the visual and wikitext modes.
- Feedback: You can try the refreshed toolbar by opening the mobile VisualEditor on a smartphone. Please post your feedback on the Toolbar feedback talk page.
The Editing Team attended Wikimania 2019 in Sweden. They led a session on the mobile visual editor and a session on the new talk pages project. They tested two new features in the mobile visual editor with contributors. You can read more about what the team did and learned in the team's report on Wikimania 2019.
- Talk Pages Project: The team is thinking about the first set of proposed changes. The team will be working with a few communities to pilot those changes. The best way to stay informed is by adding your username to the list on the project page: Getting involved.
- Testing the mobile visual editor as the default: The Editing team plans to post results before the end of the calendar year. The best way to stay informed is by adding the project page to your watchlist: VisualEditor as mobile default project page.
- Measuring the impact of Edit Cards: This study asks whether the project helped editors add links and citations. The Editing team hopes to share results in November. The best way to stay informed is by adding the project page to your watchlist: Edit Cards project page.
– PPelberg (WMF) (talk) & Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk)
11:12, 29 Oktoba 2019 (UTC)
Wikipedia Watan Asiya 2019[Gyara masomin]
Mungode zaku iya shiga gasar Wikipedia Watan Asiya na 2019 a Wikipedia ta harshen Hausa. Dan samun tsari da yadda zaku shiga, ku duba nan wannan shafi. Dan Neman taimako dangane da gasar ko yin tambayoyi, a same mu a shafi Neman buƙata. Mutanen mu na International Team na nan, zasu taimake ku a koda yaushe kuke neman taimako har a kammala gasar. Mungode da ƙoƙarin Ku na ganin wannan aiki ya samu nasara.
Muna matuƙar godiya,
WAM 2019 International Team
- kasance da shafukan mu a dan samun ƙarin bayanai.
--The Living love (talk) 13:18, 2 Nuwamba, 2019 (UTC)
Ina mai farin cikin sanar da ku cewa; bayan tsawan lokaci nayi tinani akan hanyar da ya kamata mudinga sanar da juna akan Rikir-kitattun kalmomin dake Ruda mu a Hausa Wikipedia a yayin da muke san fassara wata kalma daga Turanci zuwa hausa, sai nagano cewar ya kamata mudinga saka kalmomi masu Sarkakiya a wannan shafin na Kofan al'umma, ta yanda zamu samu fassaran kalmomi da yawa masu Sarkakiya a rubuce, duk lokacin da wani ya gano fassarar wata kalma, sai ya rubuta ta anan, kaga duk wani mai fassara a Hausa Wikipedia zai ringa amfani dasu a yayin da yake kirkiran Makula, hakan zai sa a samu daidaito a tsakanin kowanne Makula.
Misalin wata matsala:-Ni ina fassara kalmar Refrence da Diddigin bayanai wasu kuma daga cikin ku suna fassara kalmar da Manazarta ko Anarci, Kunga wannan alama ce dake nuna rashin Daidaito a cikin Harshen Hausa. Saboda haka ina bukatar jin ta bakinku:-
Sai ni, a kullun naku User:Anasskoko 09:34, 9 Nuwamba, 2019 (UTC)
- Barka da ƙokari Anasskoko, ina matuƙar jin daɗin yadda kake ƙokarin bada gudunmuwa sosai anan, sai dai dangane da Kalmar "References" da kake ganin ya dace a bata fassara wacce kowa zai riƙa amfani da ita dan samun daidaito, wannan abu ne mai kyau, amma babu makawa fassarar da aka ba References itace "Manazarta", sannan dangane da Kalmar "Sunnah". Idan akace Sunnah ana nufin Akidar mabiya sunnar Annabi(SAW) a duk inda suke a faɗin duniya, ba zaka taɓa jin ankira su da wata suna na daban ba, sai Ahlus-sunnah, wanda sunan akidar itace Sunnah, amma idan kace "Sunna" ba tare da aɗafin h ba, to akwai wannan Kalmar a Hausa, kuma tana da ma'anar ta daban, misali kace, ya sunna shi, wacce ke nufin ya bashi Kuɗi, ko yasa yaji kunya, da dai sauransu. kaga wannan ba ana nufin akidar sunnah bane, kaga domin a bab-banta kowannen su, sai ka rubuta kowace yadda aka santa. Dan koda wani nason yin rubutu akan Kalmar itama ba sai anfara neman hanyar da za'a banbanta su ba.
- -Sai kuma wannan, Idan aka ce "Bankuna a Najeriya", ana nufin Bankuna acikin Najeriya, idan aka ce "Bankunan Najeriya ", ana nufin Bankuna mallakin Najeriya. Haka kuma idan aka ce "Jerin Bankuna a Najeriya" ana nufin Jadawali na sunayen Bankuna dake Najeriya, kamar yadda ake rubutawa da turanci da list of Banks in Nigeria, ko List of Governors of Kaduna state da dai sauransu. Yakamata kasan cewa ƙarancin rubutu ba shi bane kyawun aiki, bada cikakkiyar ma'ana da fahimta yadda kowa zai gane, shine mafi muhimmanci, Yakamata muyi taka tsantsan wurin yin rubutu kai tsaye batare da tuntuɓa ba, muyi tambaya duk abunda bamu gane ba, Yafi muyi ta tafiya akan kuskure kafin daga baya mugane duk kuskure muke yi, wanda hakan na iyasa rashin yadda/amincewa ga editor. Nagode, NakaThe Living love (talk) 01:36, 12 Nuwamba, 2019 (UTC)