- 1 Neman Administrator
- 2 AdvancedSearch
- 3 Gudanarwa/administrator
- 4 Databox
- 5 New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (May 2018)
- 6 Zuwa ga Admins
- 7 Global preferences are available
- 8 Consultation on the creation of a separate user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS
- 9 New user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS
- 10 Editing of sitewide CSS/JS is only possible for interface administrators from now
- 11 Databox
- 12 Read-only mode for up to an hour on 12 September and 10 October
- 13 The Community Wishlist Survey
- 14 Hausa translation of technical terms
- 15 Editing News #2—2018
- 16 Change coming to how certain templates will appear on the mobile web
Neman Administrator[Gyara masomin]
I will like to request administrator access on this Wiki which will give me the ability to do some cleanup tasks, like deleting irrelevant/spam pages and correcting some wrongly titled pages which cannot be done ordinarily.
You can give feedback or ask question about this, by editing this section. Thanks.
Ina neman a bani damar administrator a wannan Wiki domin yin gyare-gyare, goge shafuka wand bash da amfani da kuma gyara shafukan da sunayensu yake ba daidai ba.
- Support. Mohammed Mustapha Aliyu (talk) 09:46, 15 Mayu 2018 (UTC)
- Support, of course! --DonCamillo (talk) 05:43, 8 Mayu 2018 (UTC)
- Support a temporary. DARIO SEVERI (talk) 09:43, 11 Mayu 2018 (UTC)
- Support!. Sergio Junior Guitarist (talk) 18:49, 12 Mayu 2018 (UTC)
Birgit Müller (WMDE) 14:53, 7 Mayu 2018 (UTC)
I've been working on the Hausa Wikipedia for one year and since as of now there are no local admins on this project, I ask you to kindly support that I receive administrator rights. This will enable me to delete irrelevant pages, improve the main page, block users who are vandalizing the project, etc. If anyone has a problem with this just let me know. I'm a quite experienced Wikimedia user (20'000+ edits, mostly on the French Wikipedia, close to 2'000 edits here), I speak very basic Hausa and I'm in touch with Wikimedia Nigeria in order to try to increase contributions from Hausa speakers. If you support this, you can write "Support", if you don't, you can write "Oppose".
Barka da rana,
Ina da aka gyara da Hausa Wikipedia a lokacin da shekara guda. Za ku iya tallafawa ni don haka an ba ni yancin administrator a cikin Wikipedia da harshen Hausa? Wannan zai taimaka mini don share shafuka, na inganta babban shafi, na daina masu amfani da suke tabarbarewa da aikin. Idan wani yana da wata matsala tare da wannan, don Allah gaya mani. Ina da kwarewa a gyara Wikipedia, na ina ji Hausa kadan-kadan. Ina aiki tare da Wikimedia Nijeriya domin ya kara sa hannu zuwa Wikipedia a harshen Hausa. Ka iya rubuta "ee" ko "a'a". Nagode sosai, --DonCamillo (talk) 05:44, 8 Mayu 2018 (UTC)
- Support DonCamillo has edited here more than I do, almost tripled. Has held the right two times previously and we are working for revival of this project. –Ammarpad (talk) 08:16, 8 Mayu 2018 (UTC)
- Support. I noticed that in this Wikipeda DonCamillo has 2,000 editions and in French more than 17,000. He was an administrator on French and also here before. DARIO SEVERI (talk) 09:25, 11 Mayu 2018 (UTC)
- Support: DonCamillo has been contributing to this project since the end of 2016, and since then the project has been growing and improving, and he is one of the most active editors in this project. It also has more than 17,000 edtions on the French Wikipedia. Sergio Junior Guitarist (talk) 18:43, 12 Mayu 2018 (UTC)
Barka da rana,
A new tool was recently created on Wikidata, it is called Databox.
Basically, it will allow you to add boxes to article with a lot of information coming directly from Wikidata. This can add a lot of information to short articles, or allow us to create new articles nearly automatically.
To use this tool, we need to translate into Hausa a lot of Wikidata "properties". If you are familiar with Wikidata, you can translate them directly in Wikidata. If you are not familiar with Wikidata, you can translate directly the properties on my user page and I will transfer them to Wikidata later.
I have created this page to give you an idea of what it can look like. As you can see most of the "properties" are still in English because they have not been translated yet.
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (May 2018)[Gyara masomin]
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access, accounts to research and tools as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for new accounts and research materials on the Library Card platform:
- Rock's Backpages – Music articles and interviews from the 1950s onwards - 50 accounts
- Invaluable – Database of more than 50 million auctions and over 500,000 artists - 15 accounts
- Termsoup – Translation tool
- Fold3 – Available content has more than doubled, now including new military collections from the UK, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Oxford University Press – The Scholarship collection now includes Electronic Enlightenment
- Alexander Street Press – Women and Social Movements Library now available
- Cambridge University Press – Orlando Collection now available
Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 18:03, 30 Mayu 2018 (UTC)
Zuwa ga Admins[Gyara masomin]
Barkan mu da yau, A matsayina na bahaushe Kuma mai son taimakawa a wannan sashe na Wikipedia Hausa ina so na ba Admins na wannan sashe shawara gamae da Fassara. Ina nufin yadda za'a fassara wadansu kalmomin na turanci musamman ma kamar kalmomin musamman na yanar gizo. Misali:
Da dai sauran makamantan irin wadannan da yawa. A matsayina na mai yawan son yin fassarar makaloli daga Turanci zuwa Hausa irin wadannan kalmomi na wahalar dani. Kamata yayi admins na wannan shafin su dauki irin wadannan kalmomin su tura ma masana domin fassaro su sannan su aje mana su a shafin taimako. Nagode -- AAGWANKI (talk) 11:24, 1 ga Yuli, 2018 (UTC)
Global preferences are available[Gyara masomin]
19:19, 10 ga Yuli, 2018 (UTC)
Consultation on the creation of a separate user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS[Gyara masomin]
New user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS[Gyara masomin]
Editing of sitewide CSS/JS is only possible for interface administrators from now[Gyara masomin]
(Kuyi ƙoƙarin fassara wannan saƙo zuwa Hausa)
as announced previously, permission handling for CSS/JS pages has changed: only members of the
interface-admin (Interface administrators) group, and a few highly privileged global groups such as stewards, can edit CSS/JS pages that they do not own (that is, any page ending with .css or .js that is either in the MediaWiki: namespace or is another user's user subpage). This is done to improve the security of readers and editors of Wikimedia projects. More information is available at Creation of separate user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS. If you encounter any unexpected problems, please contact me or file a bug.
Barka da yamma,
Nagode sosai da taimakonku. We have now more than 300 properties translated into Hausa on Wikidata, which is very helpful and allows us to have infoboxes almost completely translated into Hausa, like on Napoleon. Please, if you see any box with properties still in English, you can add the translation to this page? For cities, countries, states, regions, famous people, animal or plant species... this allows to have a lot of information available in Hausa. Thanks a lot! –DonCamillo (talk) 14:55, 3 ga Satumba, 2018 (UTC)
Read-only mode for up to an hour on 12 September and 10 October[Gyara masomin]
13:33, 6 ga Satumba, 2018 (UTC)
The Community Wishlist Survey[Gyara masomin]
11:06, 30 Oktoba 2018 (UTC)
Hausa translation of technical terms[Gyara masomin]
Barka da rana,
As of now we are using the English word "stub" for very short articles. What do you think of using the word "guntu" in order to replace it? That would imply the renaming of Category:Stubs to Category:Guntaye (guntaye being more common that guntattaki as a plural for guntu). I could ask someone to do it with a robot if no one disagrees.
Editing News #2—2018[Gyara masomin]
14:17, 2 Nuwamba, 2018 (UTC)